Friday, October 16, 2009

Work in progress



It's a Friday night, nothing else to do...except purge out some old files on the computer. I stumbled across this photo of Tony and myself from 1999. I definite reminder as to how much I've changed and how far I've come over the last 11 yrs. There are very few photos of myself in the home, and my FAT photos, well, I've made sure no one will find them!

#1 was taken when my little guy was about 7 months old. Some will say "well that doesn't count, you just had a baby". Sure I had a baby 7 months prior, but that doesn't account for the 20+lbs I had on me before I was pregnant.

12 yrs ago I had a wake up call from my physician and decided it was time to change my lifestyle. High blood pressure, PCOS, infertility, and a history of diabetes on both sides, I needed to make some serious changes. As I changed my diet, incorporated regular exercise, the weight finally started to come off very slowly. After 18 months of trying to conceive. I was pregnant (still overweight, but happily pregnant).

It's been a slow process over the years, and naturally it ebbs and flows. The truth is I've struggled with my weight all of my adult life. Even though I've struggled, I haven't given up. I'll never be a person thats able to stay thin without trying. In order to maintain, I have to work at it by staying "plugged in". I will always have to watch my food (journal), and exercise. It's been a hard reality, but once I accepted it, I've been able to maintain longer and even break my plateaus to get closer to my goals.

I'm healthy now, healthier than I've ever been. I feel fantastic and that's what matters most. My body is not perfect and I'm okay with that. I may not meet societies "skinny", but I WILL reach my "skinny" goal weight/size. Gone from a size 14/16 to a 6.

I'm a work in progress.

BTW, Friends, please don't ever let me do that to my hair again!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you look incredible! I lost 50 lbs so i know how hard it is and you are beautiful now and then:)

Diana said...

WOW WOW you look great! and you are making me wanna put my fat booty in gear, now i need to lose 85lbs

Reds said...

Wow!! You are an inspiration!! You are so beautiful!!

Yolanda said...

Awesome! Way to take care of yourself!

pat said...

THree cheers for you!!! We are all a work in progress, some of us are just further along than others. You, my dear, are an inspiration to those of us having a hard time getting going. You look fabulous.

Dannie M said...

We are all a work in progress! You look great, but that's not the half of it! You have a beautiful family, great friends, good health, and amazing talent. That's having it all! Those are the things that keep us going. And you inspire me. So keep on keepin' on.

Cindi Koceich said...

What an inspiration! You look amazing and should be so proud of your hard work to get there! I can get myself going with exercise, it's the eating right that kills me! :)

COPYRIGHT