Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Weeds and things~Anacortes Washington

Finding my groove.
The past year was one of the most difficult years for myself and our family. We were faced with what I best can describe as the "perfect storm" in our marriage, family, financial and career. Last fall I made the difficult decision to step back from pursuing photography and to work on myself, our marriage, family and all things in between. It's as if last year was one big "reset" button. I'm pleased to say with struggle does come triumph, understanding, and new perspective.
With this newfound knowledge and fresh perspective I'm chomping at the bit to get back into photography. I'm not sure what my future holds as far as portrait photography. I'm honestly in no hurry. All I can do right now is take one day at a time and really soak it all up and learn!
And...I may need some volunteer subjects cuz my kids are really not enjoying mommy's rekindled passion for photography.
Photos taken Washington Park, Anacortes, WA. Coffeeshop Vintage honey action and storyboard.


12 comments:

Margaret said...

Love the beautiful warm lighting in these shots, and isn't it good sometimes to take a step back and re-evaluate our choices and priorities.

Sharon said...

Beautiful shots!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Nice to be ready to pick up photography again. Great Storyboard. The actions work nice on these.

Shanna said...

Nice shots!

Diana said...

oooh those weeds looks awesome!

The Au Family said...

These are great shots!

Steph said...

Great job. Hope this year is a better one for you.

Lauren Hartman said...

Julie,I am glad to see you back, and have been wondering where you've been. I hope that this is a turning point for you and that things continue to get better for you personally. Love the softness of these photos.

Mandy said...

Your weeds are simply beautiful. I love the soft color and processing on these.

Jason said...

Very nice I really like the pping

Reds said...

Beautiful captures!

Suzy said...

Beautiful weeds!

COPYRIGHT