Thursday, September 10, 2009

Beautiful Day

It's an absolutely beauitful day here in the Northwest! I ditched the gym this morning to hang with my little man. We enjoyed Starbucks in downtown Woodinville and a walk over to Molbaks Nursery to browse the fall foilage and decor (the Halloween displays are amazing). Nonetheless it was fun.

Have no idea what kinda of flower/plant this is...just that the way the light was hitting the leaves I was entranced...and it's not fully in focus and it bothers me to no end....I almost want to drive back and try again! Shot at f3.5, 1/250 iso 100, 28-75mm 2.8 lens. Second one is f4.5, 1/200, iso 100. Hopefully my photog friends will chime in and tell me what I could have done better :)









15 comments:

Lauren Hartman said...

Ohhh, I was up at Molbaks last week. I just about died when I saw all the fall and Christmas stuff up though! I am NOT ready for fall....I'd like a never ending summer thankyouverymuch!

Love that second image. I've never noticed that tractor there, must be too preoccupied looking at the plants ;)

~Jenn H~ said...

These are beautiful, Julie. I especially love the second one-very cool.

Sharon said...

Great shots! Fall? What's that? ;)

Diana said...

wow these shots are gorgeous! love the backlight in the first shot

Shanna said...

Very nice! I love that leaf shot!

Nicki said...

Great captures - you were wondering about your first leaf/flower shot - perhaps the focus fell to the large leaf. Yeah Fall!

shirley said...

I love the leak photo - the light hitting it and all the veining.

shirley said...

Oops, I meant leaf photo!

bprincephoto said...

Wonderful. Love the light in the leaf picture too.

Esther said...

I really like the leaf photo, but I think I would have liked to see the focus on the little bud in the lower left corner. Still wonderful though!

Jess said...

Oh JULIE! These are fantastic... I actually like the leaf photo as-is. I think it adds interest with parts oof. And what a cool old tractor! Looks like a beautiful place to shoot!

Reds said...

Love that second shot and the light on that leaf - wow!

Bobbi said...

There is nothing ever wrong with ditching the gym for Starbucks!

I love the way the leaves are lit up from the sun, beautiful.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Great lighting on the leaf and the colors are great. I really like the 2nd shot with the tractor.

tori said...

Love that green in the first one!

COPYRIGHT