Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Date night

Here it is Wednesday and I'm still thinking of what an amazing evening my husband and I experienced this past Saturday. We changed it up a bit this time. Skipped the traditional movie and our normal flight plan.
One of the things we like to do is discover places in Western Washington that we've never experienced. On my list for that evening was Discovery Park and Shilshole Marina. On his list, trying a new restaurant. He decided on Cuban. We ended up at La Isla in Ballard and it was fabulous. Did I also say we hit happy hour! After dinner we drove to Discovery Park and watched the sunset. It was a fantastic evening, dinner was great and a wonderful evening enjoying each others company.

Photo taken at Discovery Park. The sun was pretty much almost gone. f6,1/60 and iso1000. Little bummed about the noise, tried running noiseware but didn't do much.

2nd photo is a random photo from our road trip a few weeks back to Deception Pass. I told my husband I wanted a barn to photograph. We drove around for 30 minutes searching for a decent barn to take a photo of.

3 comments:

Suzy said...

WOW! This is just amazing! I LOVE everything about this shot and I do hope you hang it up and enter it in a contest or two. Your focus your clarity and the detail from the grass to the lighthouse is awesome! I love it! Also the wood/bark on the beach adds a certain "mood".. I think you get the point,, I think it's perfect!

Nicki said...

Amazing shots - absolutely love that first one.

Reds said...

Both beautiful captures!!

COPYRIGHT