Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Seasons Change

Just like the seasons of the year, we all experience different seasons in our lives. It could be our own personal journeys, different times as parents, relationships with friends/family and our spouses. I'm in a new season.
In my mid twenties, all I wanted was to become a mom, I did that. In my 30's I've loved being a mom and did my share of diapers and sleepless nights. My babies aren't babies anymore and I've always dreamt that I would go back to college and finish my degree. I've tried several times over the course of the last 6 yrs to return to college, but with young children we decided it would be best to wait until they were all in school. This fall marked a major milestone for our family, all 3 kids in school. I've hit my mark and now it's time.
I am going back to college {gulp} at 35 years of age!
My field of choice is dental hygiene. Glamorous, No. But it will provide a nice supplemental income while still maintaining part time employement and full time mom. I dig cleaning teeth, routine, monotonous, and gross, so I'm pretty excited.
I'm a little bummed that many of my college classes have since expired. I have the next year slotted out to complete my prerequisites for the hygiene program.
As for my passion for photography, it will still remain just that a passion and hobby. I've waivered on the idea of going pro for years. I've realized over the last year, while I love to take photos, I don't want to make it a career at this time. For me doing it for money, makes it a J-O-B and it's not fun anymore. The business side just doesn't interest me at this juncture (and the business side, is HUGE).
And now for the photo of the day...(I haven't had time to edit any of my recent photos, so here's two from the summer) First one taken on our 14th wedding anniversary by our 5 yr old, second one Edmonds Beach.


10 comments:

Sharon said...

Great shots!

Cindi Koceich said...

love the colors in the sky photo!!

Vanessa said...

what a gorgeous cloud formation!!

bprincephoto said...

Congrats on going back to school! Love the shots.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Cute shot of the two of you. Congratulations on going back and getting your degree.

Anonymous said...

Very nice shot of you! Good luck with school. I am 34 and finally started on my bachelor's degree last year. It's hard but worth it!

Yolanda said...

Great photo's. Congrats on going back to school!

Margaret said...

Love both shots. I think that's great that you are going back to school!

Suzy said...

Congrats on going back to school! I wish you the best! It sounds like you've waited a very long time. Both of these captures are great, but oh my what a gorgeous sky!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful captures! It is awesome that you are going back to school!

COPYRIGHT