Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day
























This years Mother's Day was fabulous and refreshing! We are still living in chaos, and getting away from the house with the family was just what we all needed. First I was showered with gifts (which considering my husband did a huge NO,NO a few days earlier for my birthday, he wasn't going to strike out on Mothers Day). After cards and gifts, we then went to breakfast, then to Ballard Locks in Seattle for a picnic.

So now we are back to reality, and this week was pretty rough. In a nutshell we hadn't moved all our things out of the old home yet, and basically we had to get things out in a mad rush this week. The 3 car garage is packed from floor to ceiling. My grandma's things have not been fully removed from our new home, and it's become a real challenge working around everything. I spent today unloading the kitchen, and of course because many of these things are family heirlooms, it's a bit of a challenge just throwing things away. I hate to say, 5 months ago when we started this process I had hopes to keep many of the family heirlooms, I just can't hang on to the things for lack of space. This downsizing has proved to be more challenging than we originally expected, but good things are just around the corner! I look forward to simplifying our lives, living within our means during this difficult economic season, and focusing on family.

1 comments:

glitzen said...

Glad your Mother's Day was great! Thanks for stopping by to say hi on my blog! (want to fly up and get Carhartt? You would love him!)

COPYRIGHT