Monday, May 24, 2010

Broken birdie

The kids found this little bird in the backyard this afternoon. I'm not sure what type of bird it is, but I'm suspecting it's a young robin. I couldn't tell what was wrong with little birdie. I was within a foot and usually I can't get that close to any birds. Emma was determined to make this her new pet....I'm hoping by morning the little birdie will have moved on. Photo taken with my 70-200mm f4. Love the bokeh on this, I need to dig this lens out more often.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Very nice photo. Yes the bokah rocks :) Wish I could tell you what kind it is for you.

Yolanda said...

Fantastic photo! If it's a new fledged from the nest Robin (which I think it is) it takes them a couple of days to master the art of flying. They are not very graceful the first few days out and they can't fly very far.

Reds said...

Beautiful shot! I hope the birdy is gone this morning!

Suzy said...

I hope the bird is ok! Wonderful detail you've captured here!

Kim said...

He doesn't look hurt, so he's probably just learning to use his baby bird wings! Beautiful capture and awesome details!

COPYRIGHT