Sunday, May 16, 2010

Finding a new normal

We moved several times when the kids were babies, so it wasn't as big of a deal. This time around it's a little more complicated. More specifically our 9 and 11 year old are taking this move pretty hard.

I wish I had some magic wand that could make it all better. I had a conversation with my 11 yr old tonight that was pretty heart wrenching. It seems as if everynight he's been crying himself to sleep. While I try to comfort him I'm at a loss for what to say. If anyone knows of any good books or references on moving and dealing with family hardships, I'd love some recommendations.

With all this craziness we are still trying to unpack and settle into a new normal. Friday the neighborhood pool opened, and I hope that by being actively involved we'll meet other families.

Starting monday, and I'm sharing this here...back to the gym, no more excuses! I've started back on Weight Watchers online and my goal this week is to show up to the gym 4 days. No expectations on weight lifting, just get my chunky butt to the gym!

1 comments:

Christi said...

Visiting from 2peas... and I don't have any advice, but just wanted to tell you I hope it gets better. I know it will.

COPYRIGHT