Saturday, February 20, 2010

Inspiration



Been doing a bit of online shopping/surfing lately. I've been trying to work out how I'm going to incorporate the inherited pieces of furniture with my style and my existing pieces.

The dinning room table that I'm getting is very much like the one above, it's an oval shape. The chairs that my grandma picked out years ago, are beautiful but way too traditional for my style. I've been eyeing these chairs for awhile and of course they are from Restoration Hardware, GULP (probably cost just as much as the flipping table). I'm also looking at a more clean lined upholstered seating as well. For now these go on my inspiration list.

For lighting, I'm thinking of this...but I keep going round and round. The space I have isn't as large as the photos shown so I'd only be able to do one light.




The dinning room is attached to a formal living room. My other big piece of furniture I have to work around is a grand piano. The lighting is fantastic in the living room, as there are 3 really large windows facing west. Not quite sure how it's all going to work out.

After I have an empty room to photograph, I'll share photos.





0 comments:

COPYRIGHT