Thursday, February 4, 2010

Piano For Sale





Please excuse the fact that I haven't dusted in awhile. Thanks to these photos I now know what I'll be doing this weekend!

It breaks my heart to have to give up this piano. We don't have room for it in our new home, and well, I've inherited a grand piano.

Here's the details on this....Temple is listed on the front of the piano. However it's manufactured by Winter & Company New York made for Benjamin Temple Music which is shown on the inside of the piano. At one point the piano was restored by A1 Piano in Seattle. Estimated date built is early 1900's.

The cabinet is in very good/excellent shape, with a few minor nicks and normal wear. The bench is a bit shaky and looks like it was repaired at one point, could use a little beefing up, but still functional.

As for sound, well it's no Steinway concert grand. It's sounds good, all the keys are in good shape. It will need a tuning after it's moved. And the keys from middle C,D,E have a little sticking going on...(I believe it's a few crumbs from my kids and should be repairable when you have it tuned). I do not have a key for the keyboard either.

Moving, this is a beast to move. Seriously no joke! It will take qualified movers to move this. Whoever purchases it gets the responsibility of moving it. YOU WILL NEED PIANO MOVERS. We hired a company when we purchased the piano and 3 huge dudes could barely get this in my house, and in the process they damaged the brand new hardwood floors. ProPiano Mover in Seattle came highly recommended and also Advance piano movers.

I paid $600 for it 4 yrs ago and I'm willing to start my price at $500 or OBO, CASH please on pickup.

0 comments:

COPYRIGHT