Monday, November 9, 2009

Playing around with my Alien Bee and softbox






I picked up a gently used soft box from another fellow Pea (thanks Celeste). These are my first attempts playing around. No clue as to what I'm doing, but having fun trying!
Btw, I'm so irritated with my blog layout. Any suggestions on another layout/template from blogger? I enjoy being able to have large photos. I like simple and clean. At some point I will add a header of my own. Once I go down that road I would like to give the whole blog a facelift.




















11 comments:

The Au Family said...

That second picture is beautiful! I would never think that you didn't know what you are doing! You did an awesome job!

Chell said...

those are incredible. I need to get me some bees!! I miss playing with lights.

Sharon said...

Great shots!

pat said...

Gorgeous, Julie, just gorgeous! Could've fooled me that you didn't know what you were doing!

Susan said...

Wow! These are great! I do not have a clue how to use lights! Someday...

Esther said...

Oh I like that second shot!! The depth of color is great! Have fun playing with your lights!! I'm slightly jealous. ;)

Lauren Hartman said...

Wow, you're first attempts are far better than mine were! Love the pics of Tyler. Ummmm, you do realize he actually makes a very pretty girl, don't you? Those pics are going to be serious blackmail material in a few short years :)

Sending many positive thoughts your family's way regarding your brother's test results.

Angela2932 said...

What a beautiful effect your new equipment is having on these!

Reds said...

Wow - beautiful colors and light!

Margaret said...

Beautiful shots. Love the reflections in that second shot!

Suzy said...

These are amazing!!

COPYRIGHT