Tuesday, November 10, 2009

More light play







Here's few more with my light and soft box. For the photo of Tyler, I dragged the setup to him. As usual he didn't cooperate much, but it was worth a try. I apparently misplaced one of my sync cords so I have no way to trigger my Alien bee other than using my 580ex speedlight. I ended up bouncing the speedlight on the opposite wall of where my softbox was facing. I still didn't get the catchlights I was looking for, I just went for it as is, since he was cooperating for only a few seconds! I've seriously considered buying a baby doll with big glossy eyes so I can practice on!






9 comments:

Susan said...

We have that same bear! I wish I knew something about lighting! I love seeing what you are doing with yours!

Lauren Hartman said...

For working with an uncooperative subject you did great! I considered going the doll route when I first started out with lights too. Actually I really should still, especially to learn to bounce my flash better!

Yolanda said...

Great job!

Reds said...

I agree - great job! :)

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

I think you did a great job with the lights.

Anonymous said...

I think you did a great job. I wish I had lights but I have no clue how to set them up!

Stephanie said...

nice job!

Cindi Koceich said...

Very nice!! The lighting looks very soft and natural!!

Dannie M said...

I agree, the lighting is great. It doesn't hurt that your son is easy on the eyes :-) Maybe you should visit Boise and teach me a thing or two!!!

COPYRIGHT