Monday, November 2, 2009

Photo wall

I've always admired tastefully done photo gallery walls. (sorry, small photos tonight)

This is our inherited furniture and craigslist finds. Some day I'll have my choice of something a bit more sophisticated and clean lines, til then we have a great spot for homework and plenty of forgiveness with distressed look :).

I've had all the frames and pics ready for quite some time, just never got up the nerve to put them up. At some point (if we ever get to it) our intent was to put a craftsman wainscoting on the bottom of the walls. I've placed the photos to allow for that in the event we ever get to it. I'm not sure if repeating 2 more frames on the left and right would be too much for the room. For now I can noodle on this every time I pass by.

The last photo is my inspiration photo found off the web "decorpad" site.

We recently had our family photos done (by Lauren) so you know I'll be replacing the pics in these frames to display our latest beautiful shots!

Btw, I used the craft paper to cut down to the size of my frames and made a fake wall using tape. I've seen it done but never done it myself. Awesome way to hang multiple photos without making lots of unnecessary holes!

The quotes in the frames were from Pottery Barn a few years ago. Brilliant idea...but you could totally do it yourself for a fraction of the cost!












8 comments:

pat said...

Looks great! Clever idea with the craft paper--really saves the wall. You'll have to show us the photos, too.

Reds said...

Beautiful job! Looks great!

Cindi Koceich said...

Great idea! Doesn't it feel good to get those projects done!

Suzy said...

Great photos and I like your layout! I really need to do something similar in my house. I love seeing how other people display their photos!

Bobbi said...

So cute! I love the tip too about the craft paper. Lovely photo wall.

Stephanie said...

looks great!

Susan said...

I love seeing people's photo wall displays! It gives me lots of ideas! I really like you have have incorporated quotes with the photos. I also like the matting around the photos. It all looks very classy!

Lauren Hartman said...

Smart way to do it for sure. I always just lay it out on the floor, then try and translate it to the wall (with many unnecessary holes). Luckily the frames cover them :)

COPYRIGHT