Monday, June 21, 2010

I gotta a feeling...


that tonight's gonna be a good night...

Hahaha, I love that song by the Black Eyed Peas!

I'm feeling great! We're finally in a better season of life. Much credit goes to getting back to a fitness routine and back to healthier eating. My mom passed on her past issues of Clean Eating Magazine and I'm having a blast going through some of the recipes. Some are pretty good, others, um mm not so much! Just like with all new recipes it's all trial and error.

Tonight's menu, roasted red potatoes, zucchini, bell peppers and onion with a little bit of balsamic vinegar. Grilled flank steak on the Kamado (ceramic coal bbq) and green salad.

Exercise for the day....long walk with the dog this morning, and another walk this evening. I would normally go to the gym, but since the sun is acutally out, I'd much rather get some fresh air and Harley needs at least one good walk a day. In this case, it's a win win for both of us!

I forgot to mention we have a new addition to our family....meet Harley. We found him at the humane society about 2 weeks ago. and fell in love. He's a 2 yr old lab mix. The kids are in love and he loves them right back. He's incredibily mellow and well behaved. He has one major issue, separation anxiety, BIG TIME. So bad, that he broke out of his wire crate, busted down the door on the crate, not once, 3 times! He's not a chewer, but he paws at the door to get out and cry and whines for us to come home. He's jumped over a 5 ft chain link fence, just to get to me on the other side (I was just going to get the mail). The only time he misbehaves is when we leave him alone.

We assumed since he was so cooperative the first few days that he was already crate trained but now we're rethinking that. At this point I'm working on crate training him. I have a lot of work with him, thankfullly it's summertime and I have the time. I'm also working with him on rewards when I leave the room and he stays put. Right now we're at 45 seconds up from 0.....like a said lots of work, the internet has a vast amount of information on separation anixiety so I'm hoping I can get this dog to his happy place!

0 comments:

COPYRIGHT