Friday, April 23, 2010

1900's carpenter chest










This stinky old chest has been sitting in this basement for the last 50+years. It belonged to my great grandpa Emmanual J Lensing. Not sure the dates on all the tools but I know great grandpa was born in 1885, these were his tools and in the 40's he shipped them out to my grandpa(Donald)in Burbank, CA.

Now the big question, what do I do with this chest and the old tools inside of it? I have no use or desire to save these. The woodin chest, stinks like old wood. While it's like a time capsule, I wish I could find someone who would appreciate it antiquity/character.

6 comments:

pat said...

This is a real treasure! I would take it to an antique deal and have it appraised. You may be surprised... You could also post it on Craig's List, also with the provenance, and see if you have any takers, once you get a feel for price from an antiques dealer.

Maria said...

I agree with Pat! My husband inherited some of his father's tools and he uses them all the time! Some of them are very hard to find nowadays. There are lots of guys out there interested in these tools.

Reds said...

I am sure a lot of people would be interested in this!

Yolanda said...

Great find! I would make sure to have them appraised-- I think you might be surprised at their value.

annabelle said...

I agree, they are worth the time to have them appraised. What a teasure :)

Margaret said...

I agree that you should have it appraised. It is quite a treasure. Love that last shot. Very cool.

COPYRIGHT